The Answer Is Oven Baked Bacon
First…. buy it! I personally try to get organic free range pig, but it’s not always an option.
Believe it or not, it’s really simple and a lot easier than frying bacon in a pan. Also a lot less dangerous with minimal to no clean up making it the best way to cook bacon.
If all of that wasn’t enough, it actually taste the best too. Perfect golden crisp bacon, and if you dare, doused in your favorite Bourbon flavor sweetness.
Cooking Bacon In The Oven
1) Preheat your oven between 350 and 425 degrees. Honestly depending on your oven this could be different but a general 375 is a good starting point.
2) While the stove is preheating foil up a baking sheet or a baking pan with aluminum foil edge to edge so that the entire surface is covered. This makes for almost no clean up, just throw away the grease.
3) Stuff as many pieces of fresh cut raw bacon as you can fit on the aluminum foiled baking sheet.
4) An extra step, pour some Bourbon on that baking sheet if you want some alcohol flavored bacon. But whiskey or bourbon soaked and baked bacon really does add another level of flavor.
5) This again depends on your stove but I would start by setting a timer for 15 minutes. Then walk away! No need to stand there getting attacked by bacon grease canon balls firing off the hot stove.
6) Check back but use your own judgement as to how crunchy you would like it and then remove from the oven, cool down and enjoy.
Benefits to cooking bacon in the oven?
1) It is slamming!
2) You don’t have to stand there over a frying pan all paranoid dodging burning hot grease rockets.
3) No clean up either, just wrap the aluminum foil in a ball and throw it away.
4) Just try it.
I don’t always Instagram my food (follow me).
But when I do it’s because my left arm is tingling.
I like to break up a bunch of bacon in my mac and cheese and put some fresh ground pepper, Sriracha and Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce in it.
Best bacon dish ever.
Please share with your bacon loving friends by using the buttons below.